Let’s talk about your vehicle’s brakes. Yes, it’s a lackluster topic but brakes are essential to safe driving. Think about it. How many stop signs and red lights are on your daily commute? Do you drive frequently in stop and go traffic? Driving in Jacksonville, stop and go traffic is unavoidable.
Unfortunately, brakes do not wear down on a schedule. Their condition can be affected by many different things like where you drive and how you drive. Driving habits such as hauling heavy loads can cause your brakes to deteriorate more quickly. If you happen to drive off road, the dust and dirt can cause friction that contributes to quicker brake wear too.
You use your brakes all day, every day. You want to be the boss of your stops. In order to be the boss of your stops, you need brakes you can trust. Scheduling brake maintenance before a problem effects your ability to stop is the best way to control brake failure and repairs.
There are a number of signs to indicate your vehicle is due for brake repair. Your brakes are a vital safety component and these warning signs should not be ignored.
- The brake indicator light is on
- There is fluid leaking
- You hear a metallic squealing while in motion
- A grinding sound when you apply the brakes
- Vibrating or wobbling when you press the brake pedal
- If there is a difference in resistance or you’re pressing the pedal to the floor
- The car pulls to one side while braking
- A burning smell while repeatedly braking
If you experience any of these warning signs, call Muffler City Auto Repair today at 904-739-0091. Be the boss of your stops!