If you are tired of having your car serviced at different automotive businesses; one for oil changes, one for tire rotation, one for brakes, one for exhaust and mufflers issues, and another one for general repairs when something goes wrong? You need to consider a few options for choosing the right business to replace all the others. When looking for that one, unique automotive repair facility that is equipped to handle any car, truck, pick-up truck, commercial vehicle or RV, preventative maintenance is the number one service that can keep your vehicle from encountering repair issue that might arise. So, what qualifications do you need to consider when choosing the right service and repair provider? First…
- Do they offer a free 11-point inspection with any service that includes checks on oil levels, battery check, timing belt, and system belt condition, brakes, air filter, coolant levels, engine electrical components, exhaust, tire pressure, tread and wheel alignment?
- Are they ASE Certified Mechanics trained and equipped to work on any vehicle, foreign or domestic with years of experience?
- Do they have the most up-to-date computer diagnostic technology to determine what issues your vehicle is suffering from?
- Have they been in business for many years and have generations of satisfied customers?
- Is the owner a local, competent, honest and experienced business person ready to stand by any repair or service?
- And maybe the most important question of any auto repair facility. Are the employee’s long term and not temporary, unskilled laborers unfamiliar with all different the types of automotive systems built into today’s vehicles?
So, what are the services this type of quality auto garage specialize in? Well first let’s begin with the most basic and important service any vehicle owner should practice.
General Preventative Car Care Maintenance
Having your vehicle regularly scheduled for general, preventative maintenance is the key to avoiding mechanical problems down the road. The more steps a prudent vehicle owner takes to safeguard his or her vehicle from issues, the better it will perform and the longer it will last. Below are the services that need to be routinely scheduled at the correct manufacturer’s intervals for service.
- Oil and oil filter change at the recommended manufacturers guidelines. Starting at 3000 miles for older models to as much as 6000 miles for newer, synthetic oil-based vehicles.
- Tire rotation every 6000 miles to prolong the tread and tire wear. Most vehicles exert power to either the front or rear tires causing excessive wear. Rotation keeps the tire wear even among all four tires.
- Antifreeze and coolant level check. Antifreeze or coolant levels are important in both winter and summer because the fluid protects the engine and coolant doesn’t get as hot as plain water, keeping engine temperatures down to moderate levels. Coolants should be changed out every 24000 miles or at 2-year intervals.
- Hoses and belts are very important engine components because they run most engine systems or are the conduit for fluids essential to product performance. Brittle, leaking, rusted, cracked or swollen hoses can fail causing engine damage before corrective action can be taken.
Constant inspection of all belts and hose should be conducted regularly. Engine timing belts need to be inspected and replaced at the manufacturers suggested interval. Failure to perform this vital performance could cause extensive engine damage and possible replacement.
- Brakes and braking system components incur some or the harshest treatment of any automotive system but expensive maintenance can be avoided if regularly services. Brake pads and rotor components are replaceable using manufacturers suggested parts. Drums need to inspected for dirt and rust collection to avoid costly replacement.
- Brake fluid runs in a closed system so should be checked for leaks and replaced every 2 years or 24,000 miles.
- Filters including Engine Air Filter (s), Cabin Air Filter (s) and Fuel Filters need to inspected and replaced at the correct interval to promote engine performance. Dirty filters can cause significant damage to engine parts and even promote catastrophic breakdowns avoidable by a simple replacement.
- Battery cables and terminals need to be kept clean and corrosion free to avoid electrical issues.
- Automatic Transmission Fluid needs to changed every 2 years or 24,000 miles depending on manufacturers recommendation with the proper preferred lubricant.
- Manual Transmissions fluid needs to be inspected regularly and replaced every 4 years or 50,000 miles.
- Power Steering Fluid needs replacement every 2 years or 24,000 miles. Again, this is a closed system so if toping off is necessary check for system leaks.
- Steering, Suspension and Chassis Lubrication are all important vehicle components that should be inspected and reviewed annually. Shock absorbers, struts, chassis parts, ball joints, tie rods and steering mechanism are all essential parts that will at some point need repair or replacement depending on the vehicle mileage and wear the vehicle experiences during it lifetime.
- Exhaust and Muffler Systems should be checked for leaks, damaged or worn supports and any excessive exhaust emissions. Proper exhaust creates back flow to the engine aiding in its ability to function correctly.
- Tune-ups. If your combustion engine needs to run efficiently, replacing worn out spark plugs is an integral part of every engine performance. Manufacturers recommendation of 5 years or 50,000 mile replacement.
Why Choose Muffler City Auto Repair
If you are in need of a serious, honest and affordable automotive service garage to perform these and all other preventative services than you have found the right provider. For almost 25 years, Muffler City Auto Repair has been servicing the automotive needs of Jacksonville and surrounding areas with top quality, advanced performance on every type of vehicle. First, as a custom exhaust and muffler garage, and then for the last 15 years as a full-service diagnostic, service and repair facility. ASE Certified Mechanics performing repairs on every type of engine component and all at affordable pricing. We offer a relaxed, friendly and helpful atmosphere all under one roof at 4435 Sunbeam Road in Jacksonville Florida. Call us at 904-739-0091 for an appointment or visit our shop for assistance with preventative service or troubleshooting any automotive problem.
Since 1995, Muffler City Auto Repair has been affectionately known by its customers as “The Most Honest and Affordable Auto Repair Shop in Town”. Much of this is attributed to its technicians and of course its owner/operator, Ron Evans who oversees the day to day activities and together with his lead mechanic, Scott Brown provides expert service for all cars, trucks and RV’s, foreign and domestic. Ron and Scott understand that a repair shops reputation can be damaged by even one unsatisfied and unhappy customer. Their goal is to ensure that every customer is 100% satisfied because they understand customers have many choices when it comes to servicing or repairing their vehicles.